Great Britain

Prince William ‘has not spoken to Prince Harry for some time’ and is being ‘kept in the dark about his Oprah interview’

PRINCE William has not spoken to Prince Harry "for some time" and is being "kept in the dark" about his Oprah interview, a source has claimed.

It is believed that Harry and Meghan did not inform any member of the Royal Family about the interview's contents.

👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

A royal source has claimed William and Harry "want to repair" their relationship, but they are not keeping in touch regularly.

An insider told the Mail on Sunday: "Harry and William have not spoken for some time, and Meghan speaking about their relationship or relationships with the Royal Family to Oprah will not help matters.

"Things are still bad between them, although both want to repair that brotherly bond.

"William does not know what she has told Oprah, none of the Royal Family do.

"They will find out at the same time as everyone else, although I doubt they’ll watch it."

'SPEAKING THEIR TRUTH'

US chat show veteran Oprah, 67, sat down with the Sussexes last week - shortly before The Queen confirmed they had quit royal life.

Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, pledged they will be “speaking their truth” during the interview, which will be shown in the US on CBS at 8pm Eastern Time on March 7.

The interview is set to be broadcast at primetime in the UK - with ITV clear favourites to screen it.

A source has claimed: “There is a lot of tension between them and the Royal Family.

“The interview is going to shine a light on what they have been through. Meghan and Harry are relieved they are away from it all.”

In a wide-ranging interview with James Corden on The Late Late Show, the Duke of Sussex said he and Meghan  "never walked away" from the royals - and he simply did "what any husband or father would do".

Prince Harry said the couple's move to LA last year with son Archie was about "stepping back rather than stepping down".

The chat was filmed just days after Harry and Meghan confirmed they had stepped down as senior royals and will not return to their official duties.

But while the chat was filmed before the pair were stripped of their honorary titles, Harry insisted his life will "always be about public service" - and says his wife "signed up for that" too.

On Valentine's Day, February 14, Harry and Meghan announced the are expecting their second child.

The couple shared a black and white picture of themselves under a tree, with a shoeless Harry, resting his hand on Meghan's head as she cradles her bump.

Their spokesman added: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "Her Majesty, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and the entire family are delighted and wish them well.”

Baby Sussex will be the couple's 10th or 11th great-grandchild depending on whether he or she arrives before or after Zara Tindall's baby, who is also due in 2021.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘may have to re-shoot bombshell Oprah interview’ after being stripped of royal roles

Football news:

For leaving the Super League, the contract stipulates a fine of at least 150 million euros
Giggs will not be in charge of the Wales squad at the Euro. He is accused of assaulting two women
Giggs has been charged with assaulting two women
Tuchel on Super League: The Chelsea owner doesn't have to apologize to me
Barcelona is preparing a 2+1 contract for Messi. Laporta is looking for a way to sign the stars to convince Lionel of the club's competitiveness
The investment banker analyzed the typical financial mistakes of athletes. And modeled a safe accumulation plan
Guardiola on the reform of the Champions League: Everyone wants to improve quality, and UEFA strives for quantity. We need to ask them to increase the year to 400 days