Great Britain

Prince Philip latest news – Camilla reveals Duke has ‘slightly improved’ after heart condition hospital transfer

PRINCE Philip's condition has "slightly improved" after being transferred to a second hospital, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has revealed.

Asked about the Duke by a volunteer during a visit to a vaccination centre in Croydon, Prince Charles' wife said the Royal Family have "finger crossed" for his recovery.

She also revealed Philip "hurts at moments" but didn't give any more details about his current condition.

The Duke is currently on his 16th day in hospital and has still been unable to see the Queen due to Covid restrictions.

The Duke of Edinburgh was taken to the King Edward VII hospital on February 16 as a "precautionary measure" for an infection.

But the Duke was transferred by ambulance to London's St Bartholomew Hospital earlier this week and is now also being treated for a heart condition.

Follow our Prince Philip live blog below for the very latest on his condition...

  • CONTINUED

    "However the prospect of extended restrictions, combined with advice from senior level Scottish Government officials, left us with no other choice but to seek an alternative to the staging of the traditional Royal Highland Show.

    "While deeply disappointing, what is possible is genuinely innovative and exciting, and we are confident that with the power of the latest streaming technology and the finest elements of the show, we can create something truly special that is a true reflection of Scotland's rural industries."

    Along with livestock and equestrian, it is proposed that key elements of the traditional show would feature in the livestreamed event, including young handlers, technical innovation, cookery and handcrafts, together with farriery, forestry and sheep shearing.

  • ROYAL HIGHLAND SHOW CANCELLED FOR SECOND YEAR RUNNING DUE TO PANDEMIC

    The Royal Highland Show has been cancelled for the second year running due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

    The show, organised by the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS), had been due to take place at the end of June at Ingliston outside Edinburgh.

    However, organisers said that due to coronavirus restrictions there was no option but to shelve plans for a traditional 2021 Royal Highland Show.

    Instead, they are planning a show "behind closed doors" which would be livestreamed to give a global audience a flavour of what takes place during the event.

    Bill Gray, RHASS chairman, said: "We had hoped beyond hope, particularly with the direction of travel before Christmas, that the vaccination rollout would enable the show as we know it to go ahead."

  • CONTINUED

    It follows claims reported by The Times today that the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped "it's not my job to coddle people" after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her "difficult demands".

    It is understood the Palace hopes to start the investigation soon, and any changes in policies or procedures will be shared in the Palace's annual Sovereign Grant report.

  • BATTLE ROYAL

    Buckingham Palace tonight launched a probe into allegations of bullying by Meghan Markle in the latest explosive twist in the Megxit saga.

    In an unprecedented move the Palace released a statement saying "we are very concerned" at claims the Duchess bullied staff.   

    The bombshell statement said: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    "Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

    "The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

  • CONTINUED

    Since the reports surfaced, Buckingham Palace has refused to comment today - but senior royal sources said that complaints being made by ex-staff members were not in any way being orchestrated by the palace or members of the Royal Family.

    A senior royal source said: "That is patently not the case. It is untrue and disingenuous to say so.

    "Quite frankly there are far more important things going in the world rather than the circus going on round a television interview."

  • PALACE FURY

    Buckingham Palace is reportedly furious at claims from "disingenuous" Meghan Markle and Prince Harry they unleashed a "calculated smear campaign" against them.

    The Times today reported claims the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped "it's not my job to coddle people" after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her "difficult demands".

    But a spokesperson for the Sussexes denied the claims - instead saying Royal aides had launched a "calculated smear campaign" against Meghan ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey. They also claimed The Times was "being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative."

  • CONTINUED

    Saturday February 20 - The Prince of Wales makes a 200 mile-round trip to see his father, spending around half an hour at the hospital.

    Tuesday February 23 - Seven days after the duke was admitted, the Palace says he is being treated for an infection and is "comfortable and responding to treatment", but is not expected to leave hospital for several more days. The Earl of Wessex says the duke is a "lot better" and looking forward to getting out.

    Monday March 1 - Philip is transferred in an ambulance to St Bartholomew's Hospital for treatment for an infection and testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace says. The duke is shielded from public view by large umbrellas as he leaves King Edward VII's Hospital.

  • TIMELINE OF PRINCE PHILIP'S STAY IN HOSPITAL

    Tuesday February 16 2021 - The duke is admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital on a precautionary basis after feeling unwell.

    He travels from Windsor Castle by car.

    Philip is said to be in "good spirits" and walks into the private hospital unaided.

    He is expected to stay for a few days.

    Friday February 19 - Sources say Philip is now expected to remain in hospital for "observation and rest" over the weekend and into the next week.

  • PHIL BETTER

    PRINCE Philip is "slightly improving" as he remains in hospital for an infection and pre-existing heart condition, Camilla Parker-Bowles said today.

    The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was transferred to St Bartholomew's in London on Monday where he will stay until at least the end of the week.

    He is undergoing testing for his pre-existing heart problem at the hospital, which is one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centres.

    The Duchess of Cornwall gave an update on her father-in-law today as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon, South London.

    She confirmed his condition is "slightly improving".

  • WHEN DID PRINCE PHILIP RETIRE?

    The Duke of Edinburgh formally retired on August 2, 2017, bowing out with a parade of Royal Marine commandos at Buckingham Palace.

    He now takes more of a back seat role, although he occasionally appears alongside other royals at public events.

  • PRINCE PHILIP CHATTING TO PRINCES EDWARD AND CHARLES

    Last week, Prince Edward said he had spoken to his father, Prince Philip, on the phone, who was "looking forward to getting out".

    He told Sky: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing.

    "So we keep our fingers crossed."

    Meanwhile, Prince Charles visited his father the weekend before last, looking sombre as he left.

    It is understood Charles wanted to visit his father due to his extended hospital stay.

  • PRINCE PHILIP 'SLIGHTLY BETTER'

    Prince Philip is "slightly improving" but his treatment for an infection and pre-existing heart condition "hurts", Camilla Parker-Bowles said today.

    The Duchess of Cornwall gave an update on her father-in-law today as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon, South London.

    She confirmed his condition is "slightly improving" but his treatment "hurts at moments".

    Camilla added: "We keep our fingers crossed".

  • CAN PRINCE PHILIP HAVE VISITORS?

    Prince Philip was transferred on Monday from the private King Edward VII hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital, which is a centre of excellence for cardiac care, in London.

    On Tuesday he had tests for a pre-existing heart condition and treatment for an unspecified infection which is not Covid-related.

    Although Prince Charles visited Philip at King Edward, visitors are only allowed into clinical areas of St Bartholomew’s for very limited reasons, explains Reuters.

    Buckingham Palace has said he is comfortable and responding to treatment.

  • SHOW OF SUPPORT FOR PRINCE PHILIP FROM ITV

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah interview "will be cancelled by ITV if Prince Philip's health worsens."

    The bombshell tell-all interview is set to air in the US on Sunday - but the broadcast may be pulled off air in the UK due to Prince Philip’s ill health, sources claim.

    With the Duke of Edinburgh in hospital, aged 99, it is thought ITV is ready to pull the plug should Prince Philip deteriorate, reports Birmingham Mail.

    Sources say the mood at Buckingham Palace has "shifted" after the Duke was transferred to a new hospital earlier this week.

    One insider told the Daily Express: “I don’t imagine CBS will care but ITV won’t be able to broadcast it.”

  • 'PRINCE HARRY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF DISRESPECT TOWARDS GRANDFATHER' - COLUMNIST

    Prince Harry has been urged to put his and Meghan Markle's tell-all with Oprah Winfrey 'on ice' while is grandfather, Prince Philip, remains in hospital.

    Writing an opinion piece in today's Daily Star, columnist Dawn Neesom rages that she doesn't care "whether you are prince or pauper you do NOT treat your grandparents with this level of ­disregard and disrespect.

    "He’s 99 years old and this is his second week in hospital. You don’t need to be particularly bright to work out that this is serious.

    "These two have wealth, health, youth and a whole world bursting with opportunity to do good and yet they use their time to moan how insufferable their privileged ­beyond lives have been.

    "During the best of times this is clearly melodramatic nonsense but with your grandad in hospital this is very far from the best of times."

  • MOUNTED COPS ARRIVE AT ST BARTHOLOMEW'S HOSPITAL

    Mounted police have been photographed riding into St Bartholomew's Hospital.

    The were snapped this morning, March 3, at St Barts in central London, where Prince Philip, 99, has been transferred.

    On Monday the Duke of Edinburgh left the private London hospital where he had spent nearly two weeks to have heart tests and treatment at another hospital, Buckingham Palace said.

Football news:

Foden stopped working with the company that tweeted about Mbappe. The firm said that all posts are coordinated with clients
Pogba on Jose's words about Solskjaer: He lost the match and wanted to talk not about the game, but about someone's dad. Very Mourinho-like
Herta went into quarantine with the whole team. Matches against Mainz, Freiburg and Schalke postponed
Benzema and Real Madrid are close to extending their contract until 2023
In 1936, the City was supposed to come to the USSR. The tour was approved by Stalin, but the organizer was shot
Petrzhela on Kudela's disqualification: A disaster! Black is black, and white is white. How else to say it?
Neymar was named the best player of the week in the Champions League