Many suggested that the prince would be seeking out citizenship in new home of Los Angeles with Meghan Markle and son Archie Harrison. The trio recently left Canada, where they had been staying for several months, relocating to a home in Meghan’s Californian hometown.
The move came just days before the couple officially split from the royal family and their subsequent duties.
Now, according to E! News, a source has revealed that Harry will not be seeking to make the US a part of him just yet.
The source said: "Harry is not applying for a Green Card or dual citizenship anytime soon, which will come as a surprise to many because that is what most people assumed he'd do on moving to the US.”
Should Harry wish to apply for citizenship it would require him to renounce his royal title, according to the Sunday Times.
The Sussex's are LA's newest residents
They recently left Canada and managed to cross the border before it closed due to coronavirus
He would also be forced to pay tax on his earnings made around the world.
It is currently unknown whether the prince entered the US on a 90-day visa waiver program that is available to most Britons, or whether he obtained a diplomatic or other special visa.
Many have drawn attention to the Prince’s monetary worth - thought to be somewhere in the region of £20million and £36million - and how it might qualify him for an entrepreneurial visa should he wish to invest in the US.
Also on the cards is an O-1 visa for "individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement” according to the Sunday Times.
JUST IN: WrestleMania: Why Undertaker picked AJ Styles as his opponent
They will now reside in Meghan's Californian hometown for the foreseeable future
It is thought that the Sussex’s were planning to launch themselves in the US.
The coronavirus has put significant brakes on their plans, however, with them currently in self-isolation.
Meghan and Harry’s status as non-royal officially began on Wednesday.
The pair announced they would step down from fulfilling senior royal duties in January via an Instagram post.
Boris Johnson in hospital: Who would take over from Boris Johnson? [LATEST]
Piers Morgan rows with Nicola Sturgeon for 'cancelling' GMB interview [UPDATE]
Ex-Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal fumes at Ajax over coronavirus crisis [ANALYSIS]
Harry and Meghan like millions of families worldwide are self-isolating
When the pandemic is over the pair will rise to the top of LA's exclusive invite lists
It came after months of intense scrutiny of Meghan by the media.
They managed to get into the US from Canada just before the border closed and were greeted with subdued surprise.
US President Donald Trump made time to introduce himself in characteristic style, and tweeted them: “The US will not pay for their security protection.
“They must pay!”
They met on a blind date in 2016 arranged by friends
They issued a swift rebuff, and explained that they had “no plans to ask the US government for security resources”.
They added that: “Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”
Meghan and Harry will no longer use their former royal identities, the term “Sussex Royal”, and will attempt to forge a new identity.
In their final royal Instagram post they explained that they were “focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute”.
The departure came as shock to both the public and royal family
As soon as LA returns to business-as-usual following the pandemic, the pair are expected to rise to the top of everyone’s invite lists.
Melanie Bromley, chief news correspondent and head of news operations for E!, said: “Ultimately, this is a city where royalty trumps celebrity.
“They are potentially the most famous residents of Los Angeles – or at least they’re on the same level as Oprah (Winfrey), as that kind of celebrity, AAA list.”