PRINCE Andrew will keep his £300,000-a-year taxpayer-funded bodyguards after complaining to the Queen.
The Duke of York, 60, was set to lose all three protection officers last Monday following a Home Office cost-cutting review.
But the Queen asked courtiers to intervene.
The proposed cuts were also set to hit Princess Anne, and Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex and their families.
A royal source said: “The Queen’s children all lobbied her but Andrew has been the most persuasive.
“She has made it clear that she was not happy with the proposal. It has been stopped and will be reviewed over the next few weeks.”
Andrew quit royal duties seven months ago due to his links to paedo Jeffrey Epstein.
His minders are each thought to cost £100,000 a year in wages, flights, perks and hotels.
Sources estimate total Royal Family security costs taxpayers over £100million a year.
The Home Office launched its review earlier this year.
Graham Smith, of anti-monarchy group Republic, said: “If Andrew is not performing public duties, there is no reason to employ security.
“He can privately pay for any security he wants.
“If the Home Office and police have looked at the risk and judged that he does not warrant round-the-clock security then it is appropriate.
AN ICON DEFACEDChurchill statue vandalised during Black Lives Matter protest in London
OWN GOALJohn Barnes forced to apologise after accidentally sharing porn on Twitter
BEER WE GOPubs fast-tracked to serve in beer gardens & shops 'open all day on Sundays'
I PREDICT A RIOTLocal lockdowns loom despite SAGE warning of 'significant disorder' risk
MCCANN TWINSWhere are Madeleine McCann's twin siblings now?
SUMMER SAILWorld's biggest superyacht worth £515m with two helipads arrives in UK
“To have another look at it due to pressure from the Queen is unacceptable.”
A spokesman for the Royal Family said: “We never comment on matters of security or provide guidance.
“Public-funded security policy remains a matter for the well-established independent processes that decide these matters.”