Panic buying is back as shoppers prepare for a potential second lockdown.
Empty shelves can be seen in supermarkets across the country as customers stock on essentials such as toilet roll, medicine and cupboard food.
And supermarkets have warned that there has been a spike in online demand for delivery slots, with many customers unable to book deliveries. Click here to read our live coronavirus news blog.
Ocado has warned that slots are selling out “faster than usual” with Sainbury’s and Tesco also reporting “high demand”.
A notice on the online retailer's website reads: “Delivery slots are selling out faster than usual. If you can't find a slot now, please use the 'Next 3 days' button to see available slots further in advance."
Meanwhile a statement on Sainsbury's delivery slots page says: "Slots are still in high demand. We have been working hard to expand our service. More slots are now available and we are able to offer some of them to other customers.
"Customers who are vulnerable will get priority access and are able to book slots in advance of anyone else. We’re releasing new slots regularly so please check back if you can’t see any available."
A notice on Tesco’s website reads: “We are releasing slots as and when they become available, but they are filling up quickly.
"We ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online, to help us prioritise slots for more vulnerable customers."
As coronavirus cases rise across the nation, with daily deaths potentially reaching the hundreds again soon, the government has not ruled out the possibility of a second lockdown across the country.
The Prime Minister has said that a nationwide lockdown is the “last thing anybody wants” but with the second wave coming in the possibility is not off the table.
Supermarkets were forced to hire temporary staff and put in place tight restrictions on shoppers earlier this year when Boris Johnson ordered people to stay in their homes, with shelves left bare of household essentials.
Despite members of the public being asked to not panic-buy pleas went unanswered as many vulnerable and elderly people were left unable to purchase essentials.
At the moment, towns and cities across the country have seen a localised lockdown as cases continue to rise, with many across the North of England affected.
Prime Minister Johnson introduced the “rule of six” in a bid to slow the infection rate.
But Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Sky News’ Sophy Ridge on Sunday programme that he was “very worried” of a second wave hitting the UK.
He said: “We have a choice. Either everybody follows the rules – the rule of six and the need to self-isolate if you have a positive test or if you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace – or we will have to take more measures.
“I don’t want to see more measures, more restrictive measures, but if people don’t follow the rules that is how the virus spread.”