Here are your Newcastle United evening headlines on Wednesday, May 12.

Everything Amanda Staveley said on Bloomberg - from Newcastle United NDAs to Middle East investors

Amanda Staveley's latest intervention in the world of football came without a single word about Newcastle United - other than the implicit confirmation that the deal remains on the table by reference to "strict non-disclosure agreements".

Taking part in a Bloomberg liveblog on the European Super League issue, Staveley was never going to go into detail about the delicate Newcastle takeover situation. That wasn't the point and she chose her words carefully, also declining to be pressed on the Premier League's "leadership".

But there were some interesting Newcastle nuggets in the conversation - not least confirmation that the Middle East partners she's brought to the table are "seriously long-term" and well positioned to weather the storm of COVID.

There was, too, more to take away from the web chat about her priorities. She said "building relationships" with the supporter base was key to boosting revenues - something that most Newcastle fans have always argued Mike Ashley has misunderstood at United.

You can read the full story, here.

Why Amanda Staveley's short answer on Newcastle United's takeover is positive news for fans

Amanda Staveley's silence on the Magpies' takeover process can be deemed a positive for Newcastle United fans.

With arbitration yet to get under way Staveley's limited answer on last year's collapsed bid is because the Ripon financier, Saudia Arabia's Public Investment Fund and the Reuben brothers are still waiting in the wings when it comes to the sale of Newcastle.

Toon owner Mike Ashley made it clear last week that he was hell-bent on selling the club he bought in 2007 and suggested that only "dark forces" were stopping the deal after last year's stalled Premier League owners and directors test.

Staveley, speaking at a Bloomberg conference, said yesterday: "I am party to strict Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), so I cannot speak about Newcastle United at this time."

However, with arbitration set to start later this summer, Staveley's clarification on the takeover should be looked at as positive news as it keeps the sale of the club alive.

Ashley is eager to sell the club and sees Staveley and co as the ideal buyers.

You can read the full story, here.

Mexican tycoon linked with Newcastle takeover confirms Premier League ambition

A Mexican tycoon previously linked with an interest in a Newcastle United takeover has confirmed his intention to invest in the Premier League.

Alejandro Irarragorri is the founder of Group Orlegi, a multi-team organisation looking to expand its portfolio in Europe.

The company have catapulted Mexican outfit Santos Laguna into title challengers since their takeover in 2007, while also adding second-division side Tampico Madero and third-tier team Club Atlas to Santos to their group.

Irarragorri is understood to have met with Magpies owner Mike Ashley in London in 2019 to discuss the prospect of a takeover at St James' Park.

Reports of a meeting were not played down, but a concrete offer did not follow and Ashley is currently committed to forcing through the sale to Saudi-backed consortium.

Irarragorri is confident the multi-team structure is the blueprint for success in football going forward, arguing the era of relying upon 'crazy billionaires' is coming to an end.

He told Sky Sports: "Are we looking to the Spanish league? Yes, constantly. Are we looking to the Premier League? Yes, constantly. We are heading towards that. Let’s see how it goes.

"There are a lot of good examples of multi-team ownership but I don’t see we have seen anything in terms of what they could be reaching in terms of sports synergy yet.

"What Manchester City did 10 years ago is impossible to replicate today. That boat has sailed. The only way that a team can bring themselves to that level today is through a multi-team structure. That is the business now."