Here are your Newcastle United evening headlines on Thursday, January 21.
Extra time for Bruce
Steve Bruce has not been told he is on the verge of being sacked as Newcastle boss, nor has he been assured of his position.
Bruce is under big pressure at St James' Park, with his side currently enduring a nine-game winless run.
However, the Geordie manager has had no political issues with owner Mike Ashley yet, who would have to fork out a seven-figure sum to sack the boss.
Bruce has got on with his job on Tyneside and has not complained about the lack of funds or resources, which has earned him some more time as Newcastle manager.
However, this extra time will not last forever and if the club were to be relegated, this would be a huge blow for Ashley for more than one reason.
It would be a huge financial problem, when taking into consideration the lack of matchday revenue as things stand and it would also have an impact on the owner's desire to sell the club.
Read the full story here.
Dembele future update
Peterborough striker Siriki Dembele has been linked with a move to Newcastle and the League One club's chairman has now provided an update on his future.
Posh chief Darragh MacAnthony has backed Dembele to be earning between £20,000 and £30,000-a-week should he leave the club in the summer when his contract expires.
The 24-year-old handed a transfer request in earlier this month, but his relationship with the club has since smoothed over.
MacAnthony has now provided an update on the highly-rated forward's future, speaking on his 'Hard Truths' podcast.
"We have spoken to him, his family and his agent. We have been fair with him. He has obviously been fair with us," the Peterborough chairman said.
"My mission is to get him a move and play higher. I think he understands that won't happen in January because there is no money around.
"Like Ivan [Toney] last year, we will probably wait until the summer.
"If he is firing on all cylinders like he has been in the past two games. He was sensational against Portsmouth and he was sensational last Saturday with two assists and he terrorised MK Dons.
"If he does that for the rest of the season that boy will be getting 20, 30 grand next summer so he needs to keep his head on."
Read the full story here.
Clark's dressing room verdict
Newcastle defender Ciaran Clark has called on his team-mates to "forget" their nine games without a win ahead of this weekend's clash with his former club Aston Villa.
Recent fallout over the long-running takeover saga at Newcastle United hasn't just been the talk of Tyneside - it was the talk of the footballing world.
Now, Steve Bruce must recollect his team and push forward without the change of ownership and new backing.
However, the twists and turns aren't over, with current owner Mike Ashley 'considering all options' after the Premier League rejected the £300m takeover.
By signing up to our twice daily newsletter, you'll get all the latest news on all things black-and-white - straight to your inbox.
We'll also send out special newsletters with any breaking transfers news, to keep you right in the loop with everything Newcastle United.
How do you sign up?
It's really easy and only takes a few seconds.
Just click on this link to our newsletter sign up form and select NUFC - all you have to do is enter your email address and you're all done.
You won't miss a single thing.
The Magpies go into the game on the back of a 3-0 defeat by Arsenal, which saw a second-half capitulation from Bruce's men at the Emirates Stadium.
However, Clark has called on the side to put that behind them this weekend as he prepares for a return to Villa Park.
The Republic of Ireland defender told NUFC TV: "It's going to be a really tough game.
"We're expecting a really tough game. They have turned it around this season and added a lot of quality.
"We need to forget about the results over the last few weeks and there were a couple of games we should have done better.
"We need to try to forget, put it behind us and take it from there."