Steve Bruce continues to shrug off overwhelming speculation over his future at Newcastle United.
Elsewhere, Jamie Reuben's vision for the Magpies has been outlined to ChronicleLive by sources close to the part owner.
Here are your Newcastle United headlines for October 18:
The tidal wave of emotion that engulfed St James' Park on Sunday culminated in the Big River.
No-one inside St James' Park on Sunday will soon forget the moment Wor Flags unveiled their comeback banner as Jimmy Nail's anthem to Tyneside resolve boomed around the stadium. It is as memorable a passage of time as any I've witnessed in 13 years covering the club.
For a split second, it was possible to reside in the moment. We know this is complicated - there are serious issues to wrestle with around this takeover and accomodations for us all to make - but for a few minutes, the power of the moment energised a club that has lain dormant for more than a decade.
It's understood the club's non executive chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan was blown away by the moment. Enthusiasm was fired for the club's undoubted potential.
But what happened next revealed the full extent of what needs to be done. Peak under the bonnet of Newcastle's shiny new exterior and you realise there is no engine driving it. They are one of the worst teams in the league with no driving philosophy, a threadbare infrastructure and a manager whose suitability for the job exists in the minds of a few friendly pundits and no-one else.
Bruce on his future
Steve Bruce has shrugged off a week of intense rumours suggesting his time is up as Newcastle United boss.
Bruce said journalists need to ask others - above him - if he still has a future after the Magpies crashed to a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur in game one of the club's new era.
However, Bruce was sent out to handle media duties with no signal from those in the boardroom to tell him to do otherwise.
During a tough chapter in Bruce's two-year tenure he must now start preparations for the trip to Crystal Palace.
When Jamie Reuben boarded the Bombardier Global 6000 destined for the North East earlier this month, Mike Ashley's was still, technically, the owner of Newcastle United. By the time Reuben returned home, just a few hours later, he had a 10% stake in the club.
Reuben, tellingly, was the only passenger on board the aircraft on that momentous day on October 7; his father, David, and uncle, Simon, were elsewhere opening the Reuben College at Oxford University.
That was rather symbolic. Although Reuben's investment in the club 'continues the family's support of the city', ChronicleLive understands this was 'solely Jamie's vision' after he joined forces with Amanda Staveley, Mehrdad Ghodoussi and Yasir Al-Rumayyan.
"This is his independent investment - not the Reuben Brothers'," a source close to Newcastle United told ChronicleLive.
Newcastle United have confirmed an investigation has been launched following an alleged racist gesture made by an individual towards Tottenham Hostpur fans.
The first match of the post-Mike Ashley era ended in a 3-2 defeat on Sunday, with goals from Tanguy Ndombele, Harry Kane and Son Heung-min securing all three points for the visitors.
United released a statement on Monday afternoon confirming Northumbria Police are conducting inquiries into an incident in the stands, and have reiterated their zero-tolerance stance on all forms of discrimination.
Moments you may have missed
Newcastle United's first game under new ownership ended in defeat as Steve Bruce's 1,000th game in management resulted in a 3-2 loss to Spurs.
Magpie fans welcomed the club's new board with a fantastic atmosphere in the build-up to kick-off as Wor Flags returned to the Gallowgate.
Callum Wilson got United off to a great start - heading home after just 180 seconds but the Magpies could not build on their lead and this defeat leaves them in the relegation zone, and without a win this season.
Here are the moments you have missed.
Harry Kane has admitted that he knew it was going to be 'difficult' for Spurs in the opening stages against Newcastle United because 'there's a lot of excitement up this side of the country' following the club's takeover.
St James' Park was rocking on Sunday for Newcastle's first game under new ownership as Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Jamie Reuben, Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi all watched on from the directors' box.
Spurs boss Nuno 'knew that the atmosphere was going to be noisy and Newcastle, with everything surrounding the club, would come strong'.
Newcastle players fed off the energy of the crowd and Callum Wilson gave the hosts the lead inside two minutes - which sent St James' into raptures.
While Kane and a number of his team-mates have experience of playing in Champions League finals, Spurs' players looked shell-shocked by Newcastle's breakneck start.
However, crucially, Newcastle allowed Spurs to settle and dropped off and Tanguy Ndombele equalised in the 17th minute before Kane put his side in front a few minutes later following a VAR check.
Son Heung-min made it 3-1 just before half-time and although Eric Dier scored an own goal late on, feeble Newcastle failed to seriously test Hugo Lloris in the second half.
Newcastle remain winless in 19th place and Kane was pleased with how his side ultimately handled the occasion on Sunday.
Newcastle United have come up with a creative solution to accommodate Paraguayan international Miguel Almiron after he returned from international duty last week.
According to The Athletic, the Magpies have rented a luxury RV and placed it at the training ground to comply with current quarantine regulations.
Under the current sporting exemption criteria, players returning from red-list countries are allowed to train and play with their club but are not permitted to participate in any other activities or enter any buildings on site.
As a result, Newcastle hired a luxury RV for Almiron to stay in throughout his ten-day quarantine period. However, due to a change of countries on the red-list, it meant the Newcastle forward did not need to use the trailer.
Former Blackburn Rovers striker Chris Sutton believes that now is the right time for Steve Bruce to leave Newcastle United amid speculation surrounding his future.
The Magpies stretched their winless start in the Premier League to eight matches following Sunday's 3-2 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at St James' Park.
Callum Wilson fired Newcastle into an early lead, before Tanguy Ndombele, Harry Kane and Son Heung-min struck before half-time to put Spurs in a commanding position.
Although an Eric Dier own-goal gave the hosts some late hope, they were unable to find an equaliser which has increased the pressure on Bruce, who managed his 1000th game at the weekend.
There has been plenty of speculation about who could replace the 60-year-old should he lose his job, with Antonio Conte and Graham Potter among those linked.
Sutton, a Premier League winner at Blackburn, has questioned why Bruce doesn't just walk away from the club, rather than wait for the new owners to sack him first.