A mum-of-three has been found dead at her home just hours after a mental health crisis team allegedly failed to turn up for an emergency appointment.

Natasha Adams' relatives said community mental health staff were due to visit her flat on August 12, BirminghamLive reports.

However, the NHS workers did not show up and only arrived hours after her body was found by a neighbour the next day, her family claim.

The 25-year-old, from Solihull, went to A&E at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital on August 11 to seek help for her severe anxiety.

It is understood she saw staff from Solihull and Birmingham Mental Health Hospital Trust, who are based at the site.

Her family claim they were told the community mental health staff at the hospital arranged for someone from their home care team to visit Natasha at her flat on the Thursday.

The 25-year-old sought help for her severe anxiety just before her death

But they claim they never turned up, only arriving hours after her body had been discovered on the Friday.

Heartbroken mum Marie said 'Tasha' had been on a family holiday to Scotland with her parents and her children when she decided to drive back to Birmingham.

Late on Wednesday August 11 she visited QE Hospital to request help for severe anxiety.

Marie, from Shirley, said: "She went to A&E. The hospital said they would arrange for the mental health home care crisis team to come and see her the following morning.

"So Tasha left the hospital at about 1.30am on Thursday. I think she'd been there for about three hours.

"After Tasha's death the crisis team told me they had been due to visit her on the Thursday morning. They said, 'We're so sorry, there's going to be an investigation'.

The mother-of-three was dead by the time mental health staff arrived at her home, her mum said

"They sent someone out to see Tasha for the first time on Friday August 13 at 11am by which time she was dead."

Natasha was the eldest daughter of parents Marie and Steve who have five other children.

Her mum said the former hairdresser had suffered with mental health issues from her school days when she had also needed a heart operation.

Marie said: "She was bullied at school so she came out of school early.

"She had heart surgery when she was younger and I think the bullying and the heart surgery triggered her mental health problems.

"She didn't finish her last two years at school and then went to Solihull College. She got maths, English and ended up going to college and then when she was pregnant with her eldest she qualified as a Level 3 hairdresser.

"She did that for a while and loved it. All her friends were getting free haircuts and hairstyles and colouring."

But the mental health issues continued into adulthood, eventually seeing Natasha diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2020.

Her mum said: "She had very bad lows, very bad highs. I actually took over the call with the doctor because he said everyone gets highs and lows.

"When she was high they were happy highs. With the lows she might go to bed but still did the school runs.

"But she always put a smile on her face when she saw people. She helped so many people with mental health, literally.

"There was one young woman Natasha sat with for 13 hours because this young woman was suicidal. That young woman has told us that if it wasn't for Natasha she wouldn't be here with her children."

Natasha's own three devastated boys, aged one to seven, are now being looked after by her parents.

Get all the latest news sent to your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror newsletter

Their pain is unimaginable, but her mum says she is personally finding it impossible to cope with the loss of her 'best friend' who was adored by so many.

"I break when everybody's asleep. I just feel like my whole heart is being ripped out of my chest," she said.

"My husband is not coping at all. He is absolutely heartbroken and devastated. She was our baby.

"And to know that she helped so many people, she was so lovely and bubbly, everybody told stories at her vigil that we held outside her flat.

"She used to do the block of flats up at Halloween and Christmas for all the kids involved.

"Tasha was my best friend, she was my rock."

She added: "I've lost people before, I've lost friends, I've lost both my parents, my grandmother who was my best friend.

"But this pain is not just a mental grief, it's a physical pain that takes your breath away and it feels like your heart is literally being crushed.

"And I don't like it. I hate it. I never thought there could be pain so bad as this. I really didn't."

Solihull and Birmingham Mental Health Hospital Trust, which operates the Care Home Team, said: "Our thoughts are with Natasha’s family at this sad and difficult time.

"A full and thorough investigation is underway. Natasha’s family will be involved and will have the opportunity to have any questions and concerns addressed as part of that process.

"Until that investigation is completed, and the coroner’s inquest is held, we cannot comment further. Our sympathies are with all of her friends and family at this sad time.”

University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the QE Hospital, said: "The Trust offers it's heartfelt condolences to the family of Natasha at a horrendously difficult time for them.

"We will engage with Natasha's family, and the Coroner, in their investigation of Natasha’s tragic death."

Read More Read More