HAPPY scholars – a few from the 130 at Guard House Junior and Infant School who have just received their Christmas gifts at a party in December, 1956.
The gifts were handed out by Mrs Howells, wife of the school manager.
The little lad at the back looks as if all he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth!
A film strip of a nativity was also shown during the party.
Guard House Junior School had been officially opened by Princess Mary, the Queen’s aunt, two years earlier in 1954. But it had opened for pupils in October, 1953.
The separate infants department became operational in 1958.
The school served the Guard House, Braithwaite and Highfield areas until it was closed and demolished in 2010.
It was then replaced by new premises at Merlin Top.
* Information and photo contributed by David Kirkley