Meghan Markle's privacy action against the publishers of the Mail On Sunday has today been postponed until next autumn.
This morning Mr Justice Warby ruled that the case - which had been set to be heard in January - will be put back following representations from her legal team.
The judge conducted a private hearing - which the press and public were excluded from - before addressing the court, saying the primary reason for adjournment was "confidential".
The judge, speaking from a nearly-empty courtroom at the Royal Courts of Justice, said: "The trial date of January 11 will be vacated.
"The trial will be reconfirmed for a new date in the autumn to be fixed thereafter."
And he continued: "I'm confident that we'll be able to find a time in the autumn in October or November in which the trial can be conducted."
The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL), publisher of the Mail On Sunday and MailOnline over the publication of a letter to her estranged father.
The five articles in question reproduced parts of the handwritten letter she sent to 76-year-old Thomas Markle in August 2018, two months after Meghan's royal wedding to Prince Harry.
The headline on the article read: "Revealed: The letter showing true tragedy of Meghan's rift with a father she says has 'broken her heart into a million pieces'."
The 39-year-old duchess is seeking damages from ANL, the newspaper's publisher and operator of the website, for alleged misuse of private information, copyright infringement and breach of the Data Protection Act.