A man is due to appear in court in connection with an incident which left a teen with stab injuries.
The 17-year-old lad was taken to hospital following an alleged attack, which happened on Lower Dean Street, near Newcastle's Quayside, at around 3am on November 1.
Police said his wounds were "consistent with having been caused by a bladed article" and officers arrested two men soon after.
READ MORE:Go here for the latest crime news and breaking North East police updates
Now a third person held in connection with the incident has been charged with a public order offence and is due in court next week.
The 21-year-old, who is from Nottingham, is accused of public order causing intentional harassment, alarm and distress.
He is due to appear before Newcastle Magistrates Court next week.
The other two suspects, who were arrested on suspicion of affray, have both been released under investigation.
The incident happened after a night which saw Newcastle city centre busy with Halloween revellers.
Workers arriving on the Quayside in the morning found a large area of Lower Dean Street cordoned off by police tape with forensics officers at work gathering evidence.
A woman, who works as a cleaning manager at a restaurant on Dean Street was greeted by the chaos when she arrived for work at around 5am.
She said: â€œWhen I came here early there was a police officer here and they wouldnâ€™t let us past and into work
â€œThey told me there had been a â€˜serious crimeâ€™ but after being here several hours I have established someone has been stabbed.
â€œI got here just after 5am, but I think the police have been here since 3.30am. The forensics is arrived at about 8.30am."
For the latest local news in your area direct to your inbox every day, go here to sign up to our free newsletter