Great Britain

Man, 62, charged with raping girl, 3, in park in Isle of Wight

The Sun

TODDLER RAPE CHARGE

A MAN has been charged with raping a three-year-old girl in a park on the Isle of Wight.

Graham Medway, 62, is accused of attacking the girl at Fort Victoria Country Park shortly after 3pm on August 31.

He has been charged with rape of a child under the age of 13, Hampshire Police announced on Wednesday.

The suspect has been remanded in custody to appear at Southampton Magistrates' Court later today.

Members of the public had been asked to check over their cameras and camera phones in case they found anything that could help the police investigation.

A spokesperson for Hampshire Police said: "We appreciate that this case has been of understandable concern to the local community, however we ask you not to speculate on the circumstances, as this can have an impact on proceedings later down the line when evidence is presented to a jury.

"We have received an overwhelming response from the public in relation to this case and would encourage anyone with any concerns related to our appeals to call 101."

Football news:

Carragher on Mourinho: they Said his football was from a different era. If he won the Premier League, it would be great
Gennaro Gattuso: Napoli need to play above all praise to beat real Sociedad
Neymar was substituted in the 26th minute of the match against Istanbul due to injury. He was crying
Juventus shares have risen four times in five years. Ronaldo-this is only one of the reasons
Gary Neville: Mourinho gives Tottenham the confidence to win the Premier League. Jose is only Interested in winning
Rivaldo: I'm not sure about Barcelona's chances of winning the Champions League
Toni Kroos: there was always a party at Bayern after away games in the Champions League. It was annoying