Lancashire has recorded fewer than 200 new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
New data released by Public Health England this evening - more than three hours later than normal due to a Government processing error - showed that three areas recorded single figure increases.
Preston recorded the biggest daily rise with 40 cases. The next biggest increase was South Ribble with 18.
The smallest daily increase was in Pendle with three cases.
The 196 new cases since yesterday means that Lancashire has now recorded a total of 119,410 cases over the course of the pandemic, however most of these are no longer active infections.
The Government said that, as of 9am on Wednesday, there had been a further 6,385 lab-confirmed cases in the UK. It brings the total to 4,194,785.
Number of daily confirmed cases of coronavirus by Lancashire borough as of Wednesday, March 3
The data below includes the total number of cases and overall infection rate for each area since the pandemic began. Many of these cases will no longer be active.
- Blackburn with Darwen: 17,214 (+14), 11,499.3 per 100,000
- Blackpool: 8,913 (+17), 6,391.7 per 100,000
- Burnley: 9,569 (+15), 10,761.4 per 100,000
- Chorley: 7,433 (+12), 6,287.6 per 100,000
- Fylde: 4,565 (+10), 5,651.2 per 100,000
- Hyndburn: 7,501 (+17), 9,255.6 per 100,000
- Lancaster: 9,094 (+13), 6,227.1 per 100,000
- Pendle: 9,366 (+3), 10,168.1 per 100,000
- Preston: 12,989 (+40), 9,074.6 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley: 4,366 (+6), 7,170.5 per 100,000
- Rossendale: 5,835 (+12), 8,162.9 per 100,000
- South Ribble: 7,614 (+18), 6,872.6 per 100,000
- West Lancashire: 8,530 (+16) 7,462.4 per 100,000
- Wyre: 6,421 (+3), 5,728.4 per 100,000
A further 315 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Wednesday.
Government data up to March 2 shows that of the 21,599,027 jabs given in the UK so far, 20,703,615 were first doses – a rise of 224,996 on the previous day.
Some 895,412 were second doses, an increase of 51,314 on figures released the previous day.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on [email protected]
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.