Dance star Kevin Clifton has been rejected by the BBC after asking to return to Strictly Come Dancing, reports suggest.
The 38-year-old hunk quit the hit BBC show back in 2019 – with grand plans to wow fans with roles in stage musicals that were due to kick off last year.
But then the Covid pandemic hit and derailed all of Kevin’s bookings – with the star hinting he regretted his decision to walk away from the BBC show as it continued last year while he had to watch from home while out of work.
Now reports have suggested the Grimsby lad was keen to plan a return to the dance show for the 2021 season – only for negotiations to fall apart.
According to The Sun on Sunday, a show source said: “Feelers were put out about Kev returning to the show, but bosses have decided that they’re happy with their cast and the time has passed.
"Kevin would have gone back if he could have been partnered with a man, as that’s something that’s never been done before.
“But the opportunity wasn’t there, so he is focusing on different opportunities.”
Mirror Online have contacted Kevin’s spokesperson for comment.
Last year the star explained his regret over quitting ahead of the 2020 series.
He said at the time: “I think if I’ve learned anything it’s that you never close the door. You just don’t know how things are going to go.
“I thought I was going to be on stage all year and all of a sudden that’s not happening any more.”
Strictly is expected to return to screens later this year following the successful 2020 series – which wowed viewers during lockdown.
Reports have suggested the judging panel for the forthcoming season could be different to last year – as it has been suggested Bruno Tonioli could be replaced by Anton du Beke.