Burnley boss Sean Dyche expects James Tarkowski to remain at Burnley past transfer deadline day.

The defender has been the subject of two bids from West Ham so far this summer, both rejected by the Clarets, and David Moyes now seems to have moved on to other targets.

It remains to be seen whether the Hammers will return with another offer in the closing 10 days of the window with Burnley believed to be holding out for a fee in the region of £40million for a player who has two years left on his deal.

The Clarets are under no financial pressure to sell one of their star men and Dyche seems increasingly confident that the 27-year-old will remain at Turf Moor.

"I have said all along that in my opinion he would be with us," he said ahead of the Premier League game with Southampton on Saturday night.

"Any other decision will be taken out of my hands if it (an offer) goes to a level that the chairman deems appropriate. I am not thinking that and I don't think it will do. I think he will be here.

"He is a very good player and he will get fit and enjoy his time playing for us I am sure."

The speculation has been fuelled further by Tarkowski's absence from the Burnley side so far this term with a toe injury.

Dyche said the centre back is still struggling ahead of the visit of the Saints and it will be a case of wait and see for the weekend.

But the Turf chief doesn't feel the speculation has affected the 27-year-old, although the boss did describe it as 'not helpful.'

"I don't think it is helpful, too much noise about it, but he will be used to it," said the manager.

All the James Tarkowski transfer latest

"He is not the first player to have that outside noise about their future so he will know all about that.

"Last season there was talk and I don't think it is new ground for him

"He is a top pro, a very level headed guy and I think once his injury is right he will get on with things as he always does."