Fans of ITV’s I'm A Celebrity.. Get Me Out Of Here! are concerned it will be cancelled altogether after Storm Arwen wreaked havoc on the set of the hit show.

The extreme weather hit Gwrych Castle in Conwy, North Wales over the weekend, leading to more than 30,000 homes being affected by power cuts, and roads and bridges closed due to falling debris, as well as rail services being cancelled.

In a statement, ITV confirmed that both Saturday and Sunday’s episodes of the hit show, hosted by Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly, would be cancelled as repairs were carried out on the set after it suffered damage during the vicious storm.

The live element of I’m A Celebrity had to be abandoned on Friday night as the winds and rain ramped up across Wales and the rest of the UK.

“Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday),” the statement read.

Ant and Dec said they didn't know when the show would be back on the air (

Image:

ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

“I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series,” they added.

Fans wee left disappointed that the show was missing from their TV screens, and hosts Ant and Dec confessed they were still in the dark as to when production could resume.

In a video shared on Instagram, the telly duo said there had been significant damage to the set during the storm, and they were desperate to get back to filming.

“I've got an update - site was quite badly damaged during the storm and they are in there working round the clock to try and get it back up and running and back up to speed so we can get back on air as quick as humanly possible,” Dec said.

Gwrych Castle suffered damage during the storm

"But we don't know when that's going to be just yet."

Richard Madeley, who was forced to leave the show last week after falling ill, said it would be difficult for the contestants - including Arlene Phillips, Frankie Bridge and David Ginola - to go back into the castle after being treated to normal living conditions while away from the set.

“I think they'll find that very difficult. I know I would. I've heard, and I don't know if this is the case or not, but I've heard they've gone back to the safe houses we were all kept in for two and a half weeks while we were in quarantine,” he said during an appearance on Good Morning Britain.

“Now, those are comfortable places. They're not the castle and I would have thought that would play havoc with their psychology.”

Contestants were evacuated from the castle by worried producers

ITV bosses have yet to confirm when the show will be back, and when the celebrities can re-enter the castle.

Furious fans, who have been disappointed by the show this year, called for the show to be axed altogether.

“Either do it during the summer months or cancel the programme altogether. Doing it in November in the UK there's always going to be weather problems,” one wrote.

“Should wrap this series up..at least naughty boy has his excuse to leave that way,” another joked.

“Not the best time of the year for this in Wales. When they get soaked with this and that, they must be freezing. Not good!” one fan added.

Read More

Read More