A health and safety sign 'guillotined' a 10-year-old's leg as she was hurling down a zip line at a park.

Skylar needed 12 stitches and antibiotics after the "very deep cut", Cornwall Live reports.

Her dad Jamie Williams said he spoke to other people at the park, who said it's not the first time the incident has happened.

Her dad Jamie Williams said he spoke to other people at the park, who said it's not the first time the incident has happened

Read more:Shocking CCTV shows car flipping and ploughing into wall during high speed police chase

Skylar, who is from Perranporth, was on the zip wire at a park in Stithians when she crashed into a warning sign that said children under 11 should not use the play equipment without parental supervision.

The sign sliced her thigh and Jamie had to take her to hospital in Sunday evening.

He now wants to warn of the dangers and stop it from happening again.

The sign sliced her thigh and Jamie had to take her to hospital in Sunday evening

He told the Cornwall Live: “We live in Perranporth but went to Stithians as it is a nice park aside from what happened.

“All the kids were playing nicely and my daughter went down the zip line.

“The sign is in the wrong place, Skylah hit it and went over. The sign guillotined her leg.

Get the latest updates from across Greater Manchester direct to your inbox with the free MEN newsletter

You can sign up very simply by following the instructions here

“It was a big wound for a little girl. She is all stitched up now but needed 12 stitches and is on antibiotics. It was a very deep cut.

“She’s a resilient girl but this was a big deal for her. It shook her right up and she let out a big scream.

“After it happened we spoke to other people in the park and they said it’s not the first time it’s happened on the zip wire. They need to replace the sign or move it to a more appropriate place.”

Stithians Parish Council, the body responsible for the park, has been approached the comment.

Read more:Woman bursts into laughter as cheesy chips arrive at table in Wetherspoons

Read more:Insurance warning issued to anyone with a petrol car in the UK