A firebomb launched at a Greenock family home is the fouth 'sickening' blaze attack in the town in just one week.
The 'accelerant' was hurled at the window of property in the town's Cumberland Road on September 19.
The window was not broken but garden furniture went up in flames.
A 45-year-old woman, a six-year-old child and two people, who were inside at the time, were not injured.
The blaze is the latest in a spate of firebomb attacks in the Inverclyde town.
We told last week how sick footage of a man engulfed in flames, moments before he died outside a property in Union Street, emerged online.
The video first showed the man moving around the garden on the night of September 14.
He disappears out of shot for a few seconds, before reappearing and carrying what appears to be a petrol canister.
The man is then seen moving towards the home before a horrific fireball explodes seconds later.
The man, then engulfed in flames, falls to the ground as messages gloating over the grim scene appear across the footage.
As the man is seen lying in one part of the garden, still ablaze, he attempts to crawl away.
The upsetting video, which the Daily Record will not publish, then shows his movements stop.
Sources told the Record the property where the blaze took place is linked to a local man wanted by police.
Police later confirmed that a 46-year-old man was found dead after a fire at a home in Union Street at around 10.35pm on September 14.
Two days later, on September 16, a woman was badly hurt and needed hospital treatment when in a fire at a home feared to have been started by a firebomb being thrown through a window.
The woman, aged 40, was at home with a nine-year-old girl at the time of the blaze at 11.05pm on Wellington Street.
A small white car was seen speeding away from the scene.
Around five minutes later witnesses reported seeing a white Suzuki Splash hatchback with registration number GK14 FZE speeding in a nearby road before being abandoned.
Two men who were passengers, described as in their late teens and skinny with grey hoodies zipped over their faces, got out the car while the driver was described as wearing a black hoodie zipped over his head with a scarf around his face.
All three ran off down Skye Street, and within a matter of hours at 2.20am on September 17, the Suzuki - which had been stolen 24 hours earlier - had been found ablaze on the same road.
The car had been stolen from Denholm Terrace in the early hours of September 16.
No one was injured in this fire.
Police assured that this 'sickening behaviour will not be tolerated'.
Officers believe each of the attacks might be linked.
Detective Superintendent Gerry McBride said: "I would like to start by saying how sickened we are by all of these incidents, whether linked or not, these have been unprovoked, targeted attacks which have resulted in both serious injury and death.
"A couple of these attacks have also taken place while children have been present and it has been sheer luck that the number of people injured has not been any higher.
"We want to make it absolutely clear that this behaviour will not be tolerated in our community and officers will do everything they can to find those responsible."
D.I McBride stressed that locals should not feel at risk in the wake of the incidents.
He added: "It is also important to reassure the wider community that although enquiries are still ongoing, we do not believe there is any risk to the wider public.
"There will be an increased police presence in the area whilst investigations are ongoing.
"Specialist units have been deployed to both carry out enquiries, and to tackle this problem and prevent any further instances occurring."
Officers are urging anyone with information, or those with dash cam footage from these areas, to contact police.
"I would encourage anyone who has any information which could be of assistance to please come forward," D.I McBride said.
"We are particularly interested in finding out any information about the movements of the cars mentioned: the white Suzuki Splash, stolen from Denholm Terrace in the early hours of Wednesday, September 16 and set on fire in the early hours of Thursday, September 17 in Skye Street, and the small white car seen driving away at speed from the attack on Wellington Street around 11pm on Wednesday, September 16.
"If you do have any information, or if you may have seen anything or maybe have dashcam footage or private CCTV footage of any of the incidents, please contact police as soon as possible."