It has now been four months since two men were shot dead during a street party in Moss Side.
Cheriff Tall, 21, and Abayomi ‘Junior’ Ajose, 36, were both blasted in the head during a lockdown party in a car park off Caythorpe Street in the early hours of June 21.
Despite around 300 people attending the event, it was reported last month that police have so far only been able to speak with 159 people. Nobody has come forward to say they saw the shooting.
Four months on, Junior’s wife Lola has released an heartbreaking appeal for information.
“It's now been four months since Junior was murdered. His loss has affected the family in a very big way,” Lola said in a statement issued by GMP.
“Our lives have been changed in a bad way, Junior was our rock.
"We can't believe to this day that anyone would do this to Junior - he didn't deserve this and we will miss Junior so much.
“We don't even know when or if this pain will ever go away.”
Lola said it would ‘mean a lot’ for the family to see justice for Cheriff and Junior.
“It won't bring him back, but we do need justice - especially for the kids,” she added.
“It feels horrible knowing that his murderer is still walking free and could do it again, that's the worst thing. No one knows where he is and that makes me so scared for anyone else.
“Don't be scared to come forward because, put yourself in my shoes and my family shoes if this happened to you, this is not right.
“I know if I saw anything, I'd definitely come forward just to help people get justice.”
It is believed Junior, a support worker and father of three, stepped in to help Mr Tall when he became involved in an argument with the gunman.
Three gunshot cartridges were found at the scene and both men tragically died shortly after arriving at hospital.
On September 23, police arrested a 25-year-old man on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder. He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses to come forward.
“The loss of Junior has affected us massively - it's changed our whole life forever,” Lola added.
“if I could give Junior a message, I would tell him I love him and thank him for giving me three beautiful kids and thirteen years of happiness because we were so happy together.”
Speaking about the incident, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Wilkinson, of GMP's Major Incident Team said it was ‘not right’ that the killer had not yet been identified.
"These two young men were murdered in cold blood, and their loss is felt strongly, not only by their families, who live with this pain every single day, but also by the community as a whole,” DCI Wilkinson added.
"It is not right that this killer is walking free, leaving these families with unanswered questions and no-one to hold accountable for the despair that has torn their lives completely apart.
“We will not give up in the search for justice and although we will never be able to reunite these families with their loved ones, I hope we can bring them some solace by ensuring that those responsible face the full consequences of their actions.
"If anyone has any information at all I ask that you please take a moment and think about the families of these two men and the hell they are continuing to live through without any answers.
“I urge you to please do the right thing and share any information you may have with police. Help us to find justice for these two young men who will forever shine bright in our community."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 9908 quoting 221 of 21/06/20 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Any photos or videos can be uploaded to [email protected] This can be done anonymously.
Information, including pictures and videos, can also be uploaded anonymously to the Major Incident Public Portal here.