HALLOWEEN might be going fright back to basics but with some great deals and spine-chilling inspiration, families can still enjoy a fun time at home.
Here are some ideas for savings on the spookiest night of the year, along with tasty themed recipes from morrisons.com. So cast a spell and magic up some extra excitement!
MINIATURE vampires can sink their fangs into these tasty deals on party food.
Morrisons is dishing up a classic treat for less with £1 off a Monster Munch variety pack of 12 bags, now just £2.
Take a chance with Iceland’s jalapeno roulette wheel, £3, which features 12 spicy cheese bites including three bites packed with more heat. Try them if you dare!
To cool off, dip into the Tesco freezer aisle for a chillingly good three-for-£5 deal on party food, including ten chicken satay skewers, £2 if bought alone.
Morrisons’ freezer deals will chill your bones with McCain Smiles down to just 99p and Morrisons’ seasoned potato wedges, 750g, now 75p.
And Morrisons The Best meat feast pizza is £4.50, or buy two for £7.
Chocolate coffin cake
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line an 1 x 25cm tin with baking parchment. Sieve together the plain flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Add the caster sugar.
- Make a well and add the eggs, sunflower oil, milk and golden syrup. Beat until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, level with a spatula and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- When cooked, leave for a few minutes then turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Trim the cake into a coffin shape and cover with chocolate frosting.
- We outlined ours with white writing icing, added RIP and included some extra dots as rivets.
- Crumble chocolate chip cookies on to the surface you are serving on to resemble dirt.
- Sit the cake on top and decorate with spooky biscuits if desired.
Creepy cakes and bakes
CREATE a spooky spread of Morrisons Halloween biscuits, £1 each, including spider top hat biscuits, Halloween cupcakes and gingerbread mummies.
Morrisons’ make-your-own haunted gingerbread house, £5, is full of horrors.
Keep little monsters busy with a Tesco Create A Cake skeleton biscuit kit, £2. Or sink your teeth into Soreen chocolate and blood orange mini loaves, five for £1 at Sainsbury’s.
Tuck into the Co-op’s Share If You Dare cupcake platter, with 12 cakes for £6.
Severed finger sausage rolls
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line an oven tray with baking parchment.
- Cut all the Frankfurters in half. The curved end will be the tip of each finger.
- Cut a 375g sheet of puff pastry into three, lengthways. Then cut each length into seven even strips.
- Roll a piece of pastry around each frankfurter half, pinching it at the fingertip end. Then, using a sharp knife, make small incisions in the pastry for knuckles.
- Mix the egg with the milk and use to brush each finger well.
- Halve the black pitted olives, cut into fingernail shapes and press well on to each finger so they stick during cooking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. To serve, dip the base of each finger into tomato ketchup.
TAX BACKYou could claim back £124 if you've worked just ONE day from home during pandemic
ALL CHANGEUniversal Credit rule change to help those losing out when paid twice in a month
GETTING A ROASTINGM&S is selling an £8 roast meal deal where you get a joint and two sides
ROLL BACKAsda cuts the price of 62 'free from' items including pasta, milk and bread
TOY JOYB&M launches up to 75% off toy sale with discounts on Lego and Paw Patrol
SALE AWAYWilko launches half price toy sale with 50% off Peppa Pig, Toy Story and Barbie
Drinks to die for
ADULTS can enjoy these spooky-sounding tipples. Save £4 on Whitley Neill blood orange gin 70cl at Sainsbury’s, now £22.
Or Beefeater blood orange gin 70cl is down to £13.99 from £18 at Morrisons.
Buy four 500ml bottles of beer for £6 at Morrisons including Adnams Ghost Ship and Hobgoblin Gold, £1.75 each.
All Shook Up espresso martini at Tesco is £1.60 (get four for the price of three). It is three bottles of selected wine for the price of two at Morrisons until Sunday, including Casillero del Diablo Merlot, £8.25.
Save £2 on 19 Crimes red wine at Tesco, now £7, also part of an offer to get 25 per cent off six bottles.
You can buy two for £16 on selected multipacks of beer costing between £9.25 and £12 at Morrisons, including 12 x 330ml bottles of Heineken – offer ends Sunday.
Alcohol offers may vary by location
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]