A grieving dad said he has forgiven his wife who is charged with murdering their three daughters days after they came out of hotel quarantine.

Graham Dickason described partner Lauren as a "victim of tragedy" as he urged those in attendance at a vigil on Thursday evening to pray for her.

He had found twins Maya and Karla, two, and six-year-old Liana dead at their home in Timaru, New Zealand, last week.

The family had moved from Pretoria in South Africa, to start a new life just days before the killings - and had initially been required to isolate on arrival.

In a letter read out by Reverend Alan Cummins at the memorial service, Graham said: "Pray for strength and for healing, please also pray for my lovely Lauren, as I honestly believe that she is a victim of this tragedy as well.

"People who know her well will testify to that, I have no doubt.

The three girls after arriving in New Zealand earlier this month (



Get all the latest news sent to your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror newsletter

"I have already forgiven her and I urge you, at your own time, to do the same."

Police were called to the property last Thursday at around 10pm and Dickason, 40, was transferred to hospital.

Neighbours reported hearing a bang and then crying at around 9.40pm.

The family had moved from South Africa to start a new life days before the tragedy (



Graham, an orthopedic surgeon at Timaru Hospital, had been at a work function and returned home to find his daughters dead and wife, also a doctor, in a critical condition.

The mum briefly appeared at the Timaru District Court on Saturday before Judge Dominic Dravitzki charged with three counts of murder.

She entered no plea before being remanded to a secure mental health unit.

Graham said he had forgiven his wife who is charged with murder (



Her next court appearance is due on October 5, according to reports from NZ Herald.

The family are understood to have been planning the move to New Zealand for a long time and posted a photo of the girls on August 30 after they arrived.

On May 1, Dickason congratulated her husband on their 15th wedding anniversary in a social media post.

Graham had come home to find his daughters were dead (



"What an adventure. We have truly created a beautiful family and had many good times together," she wrote.

"May the next years be more blessed, more happy and may the kids let us sleep."

Her parents Wendy and Malcolm Fawkes told NZ news site Stuff they were "devastated" to hear of the tragedy.

The local community had organised the vigil outside the family's home.

A letter was also read from Graham's mum Betty and his sisters.

It read: "We are all struggling to comprehend how and why this happened...the girls were much loved by us all."

Read More Read More