Great Britain

CCTV appeal after disorder in Liverpool city centre

DETECTIVES investigating disorder in Liverpool City Centre last month have issued more CCTV images of people wanted in connection with the incident.

They show four males who were in the area of Victoria Street and Castle Street in the early hours of Saturday, June 27, following an initial gathering at the Pier Head.

During this time, offences were committed including affray, disorder and criminal damage.

In recent days, six people have been arrested and remain under investigation for offences as follows:

A further 14 men and one woman were arrested on the night and remain under investigation for violent disorder and other offences on the night of June 26.

Detective Chief Inspector Cheryl Rhodes said: “Thanks to everyone who has come forward so far with information.

"As you can see, we're identifying suspects and making arrests.

"More than people are now under investigation and if you recognise these or any previous images, let us know.

"We'll keep issuing these images and appeals to identify suspects and witnesses as we work our way through the evidence available to us.

"These particular people were in and around Victoria Street and Castle Street later on in the night after the initial Pierhead celebrations.

"We're putting resources into this investigation because a minority of people were intent on committing crime and anti-social behaviour on the night, and their actions marred the good nature of the majority, and damaged the reputation of this city.

"It’s heartening to see the vast majority of our communities coming together to condemn such behaviour, and to assist our investigations.

"Any such gatherings put unnecessary strain on all of the emergency services at this time, put the safety of those attending at risk, and raise the chances of more lockdown measures to be reversed in certain areas, which would affect all of us who have shown patience and understanding during this pandemic.

"As Liverpool FC, Liverpool City Council and others have said: the time for public celebrations will come when it is safe to do so.

"Come forward with the reference number if you know anyone pictured, let us know by emailing [email protected] or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

"You can also send any images and video via the following link: https://unitedkingdom1cpp-portal.digital-policing.co.uk/merseyside/appeal/20000379360."

Football news:

Borussia announced that Sancho is staying. He extended his contract until 2023 a year ago
Inter is ready to pay 20+5 million euros for Smalling
Lewandowski is the best player of the week in the Champions League. He was ahead of Messi and Ronaldo
The Leipzig – Atletico match will not be rescheduled, despite the coronavirus in the Madrid players
Yannick Ferreira Carrasco: Atletico deserved to win the Champions League after two defeats in the finals
Sancho flew with Borussia to the training camp. He will probably not move to Manchester United
Bayern have unveiled their Champions League uniforms