A "beautiful" and "bubbly" woman died from an overdose after finding out her boyfriend had been cheating on her, an inquest has heard.

Victoria Doheny died on the morning of December 11, 2020, after her stepsister Ciara Gorman found her unresponsive at the latter's flat in Salford, Greater Manchester.

Bolton Coroner's Court heard that there was prescription medication belonging to one patient found at the flat alongside other blister packs, Manchester Evening News reports.

Victoria, 20, worked as a dispenser at Conran Late Night Pharmacy in Davyhulme, Greater Manchester.

Her dad Christopher Dean told the court that his daughter drank alcohol on occasion and smoked cannabis.

Miss Doheny died after finding out her boyfriend was seeing someone else, an inquest heard
Miss Doheny died after finding out her boyfriend was seeing someone else, an inquest heard

He said that she started to self-harm when she was around 14 or 15-years-old and that she later made some "undesirable" friends, who he believed took drugs.

When she was 16-years-old Victoria overdosed on medication and following the overdose, Dean found a diary that revealed she had been having suicidal thoughts.

She got into a relationship with Mark Power in the summer of 2020 and moved into his home in Halifax, West Yorkshire, in November.

Soon afterwards, Dean revealed that his daughter told him Mr Power had been seeing someone called Molly, something she believed had been going on for "some time".

Ciara confirmed that Victoria had stayed with her but told the court that she had stayed at Mr Power's home on December 9.

She said: "She spoke about ending her life briefly but in the few days at mine, I saw a change in her. She seemed optimistic about the future."

Miss Doheny with her dad Christopher Dean when she was a child
Miss Doheny with her dad Christopher Dean when she was a child

Victoria went to work on the morning of December 10 but felt unwell and went home early

Ciara spent the day with friends and when she returned home, Victoria asked if she could drink some of her alcohol or smoke in the flat but she refused.

She added: "She told me she'd been talking to Molly. I said it was probably best to leave it."

Bolton Coroner's Court heard Miss Doheny died from "mixed drug toxicity"
Bolton Coroner's Court heard Miss Doheny died from "mixed drug toxicity"

In messages, Victoria told Molly: "I don't want to do this. I'm broken and it's too late."

She also indicated that she'd taken a substantial number of tablets.

The court heard that Molly replied: "Please, please, I'm begging you, don't do anything."

Ciara found Victoria the next morning and called an ambulance but she was pronounced dead.

Following a post mortem, pathologist Dr Basnet recorded the cause of Victoria's death as mixed drug toxicity.

Despite being a listed witness, Mr Power did not show up to the inquest in person nor appear virtually.

Police coroner's officer Benjamin Dobbs read out a statement he had taken from Mr Power, albeit one he had refused to sign.

He claimed that he "loved her to bits" and tried to look after her but split up when he realised he couldn't.

Miss Doheny's family told Manchester Evening News: "She was beautiful, bubbly, a proper girl next door, who could be goofy when she wanted to be.

"She'll be sorely missed by her family and friends."

For emotional support, you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email [email protected], visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.