Great Britain

Bridgerton cast furious after bosses BAN them from Emmy Awards over Covid fears – despite 12 nominations

BRIDGERTON is one of the front-runners for Sunday night’s Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, with 12 nominations.

But it sounds like there’s more drama off camera than on – with many of the cast furious they have been stopped from going to the glitzy event.

Covid isolations and set lockdowns have meant that the second series of the hit Netflix show – which is filmed in England – is so far behind that the stars have been told they aren’t allowed to make the trip to Hollywood and instead have to stay home and work.

That means the only series one cast member who does get to go is REGE-JEAN PAGE, after he dramatically quit as Simon Bassett, Duke of Hastings, ahead of the second season.

A TV insider said: “Publicly the stars are putting on a brave face and the corporate line is that they are happy to watch from home.

“However, there is huge disappointment and upset, because many of them wanted to head over to Hollywood to celebrate all they have achieved.

“People forget that the cast never had a chance to do premieres, media appearances or meet and greets because of the restrictions.

“When the Emmy noms came through the feeling was that there would be time made for them to head to LA to truly celebrate.

“But Covid outbreaks mean the show is running behind and there are immigration issues around some talent wanting to fly in but needing the correct visas.

“Essentially, the cast are not going and there are no ifs or buts. Ironically, Rege is the one who is free from the show and now can revel in his success, hang out with the biggest TV stars around and mingle with key players in Hollywood.

“Sure, people are happy for Rege, but at the same time many of them are gutted and utterly disappointed that the LA trip was ruled out.”

The show is up for Outstanding Drama Series, while Rege-Jean is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.

At least he will be able to have a knees-up come Sunday.

Fans of Bridgerton and The Crown can now stay in the grounds of stately homes and mansions from just £15 per night

Football news:

Ole Gunnar Sulscher: I expect Manchester United to play better. Cavani and Ronaldo are two of the best players in the world in the penalty area
Carlo Ancelotti: Clasico will exist without Messi, Ronaldo and Ramos. We don't know yet what Fati and Vinicius will achieve
Zlatan has the first goal in his career. He also has an assist and a goal with Bologna
Ronaldo on Sulscher's criticism: Manchester United players must take responsibility for themselves. All in the same boat
Sulscher about Manchester United: We are not happy that we lost points. But Ronaldo has only been with us for a month, Sancho for two. We will add
Muller on Kimmich: As a teammate, I am for vaccination, if I think about others, as a friend, I can make his decision
Chelsea won't buy Saul out. He spent 45 minutes in the Premier League