Two teenage boys have died in Essex as police have arrested eight people on suspicion of murder.

Officers received a number of calls to Regency Court in Brentwood at around 1.30am this morning (Sunday, October 24) to reports of people being injured.

On arrivals, Essex Police found three people had been injured and, despite the efforts of medics, two of them died.

The third victim was treated for injuries which are neither life-threatening nor life-changing, reports EssexLive.

The two teenagers were confirmed dead at the scene and Crown Street remains cordoned off by police this morning, where a blue tent has also been erected within the cordon.

Police at the scene this morning. On arrival in the early hours, police found three people had been injured (

Image:

Alamy Live News.)

A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "Eight people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after two teenage boys died in the early hours of this morning in Brentwood.

"We received a number of calls to Regency Court, including from colleagues in the ambulance service, at about 1.30am."

The force added: "We arrived and found three people had been injured.

"Despite the efforts of medics, two of that group have now died. Their families are being supported by specialist officers.

"We are working to establish how the boys died and a forensic post-mortem examination will be carried out.

"The third victim was treated for injuries which are neither life-threatening nor life-changing."

A blue tent has been erected within the cordon (

Image:

Alamy Live News.)

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Clarkson, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, has led the investigation through the night.

He said: “This incident has required an immediate and a large-scale response and officers and investigators have worked through the night to piece together what happened in the lead up to this tragic incident.

“Our investigations will continue throughout today.

“We understand there will naturally be shock and concern within the community after such a tragic loss of life. But, at this stage, we do not believe there is any wider threat to the public.”

Have you got a story that you think we should feature? Email us at [email protected]

Police were called to the area at around 1.30am this morning (

Image:

Alamy Live News.)

He added: “We know there were a number of witnesses to this incident and I would urge anyone who saw anything in Regency Court and the roads around it in central Brentwood between 1am and 2am to come forward and speak to us if you have not already done so.”

Chief Inspector Mark Barber added: “There will continue to be a highly visible police presence in Brentwood this morning and indeed throughout the day.

“I am acutely aware that this incident will shock many without the community.

Police do not believe there is any wider threat to the public (

Image:

Alamy Live News.)

"My officers will be there throughout the day – they will be there to reassure you and keep you safe. If you have any concerns or information on the incident then, please, do not hesitate to come forward and speak to them.”

Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information on it should call police on 101 and cite incident 125 of today, October 24.

The road is expected to be blocked off to the public for some time.