A quick-thinking lad has been hailed a hero after saving his little sister's life when she choked on a piece of LEGO.
Harrison Walsmley, 10, immediately used the "Heimlich manoeuvre" after six-year-old Eva barged into his room crying and struggling to breathe.
He said he knew what he needed to do after learning the life-saving first aid technique at his school way in March.
He managed to dislodge the Lego by hitting her back multiple times before performing the abdominal thrusts that expel air and any objects from the lungs.
Harrison, from Blackburn, Lancs., said: "It was terrifying when I had to put the knowledge I'd learned into action but I'm happy I was able to do it all right.
"I just wanted Eva to be alright and be safe.
"I knew what I needed to do. She was choking and I had to act."
Harrison's parents have spoken of their immense pride after they realised he had saved his sister's life.
Dad Brian Walmsley, 37, said: "It was a split second decision that saved her life – I'm bursting with pride with how Harrison acted.
"He's amazingly calm and managed to think about what he needed to do without panicking."
The kids were playing in their rooms on the evening of August 17 when the near-tragedy struck.
Harrison suddenly screamed that Eva was choking and the terrified parents rushed upstairs to find her shaking and crying.
At that moment, Brian said it was "every parent's worst nightmare" as he feared the worst.
The framework manager said: "They were playing in the bedroom when we suddenly heard Harrison calling us into the bedroom.
"He was shouting 'mum, dad, quick, Eve is choking'.
"She was completely red in the face and crying – it was terrifying.
"She was shaking and crying and he was just so flustered, it was just such a big commotion.
"We checked if she was okay and it was clear she wasn't choking anymore but we brought her to the hospital anyways.
"Thankfully everything was alright and the worst was behind us.
"But in that moment it was just terrifying – seeing your child like that is every parent's worst nightmare."
Brian said he was so grateful his son had managed to learn first aid just before pupils were sent home due to the Covid pandemic or things could have ended "far differently".
Harrison learned about the life-saving technique at his school St Mary's RC Primary School in Osbaldeston during a "Flat Stan| first aid course which is designed for children to help people in emergencies.
As a reward for his heroics, Harrison's parents said Father Christmas will be "extra generous" this year.
Brian added that Eva has been left embarrassed and won't be eating anymore plastic toys.
They said: "We're happy and relaxed now but Eva is a bit embarrassed by it all.
"She's not going to be putting any more plastic toys in her mouth again.
"But she's safe and she's fine now which is all that matters."
The headteacher at Harrison's school sang the young lad's praises and said the community are "so proud" of the boy.
Maria Coulthard said: "Harrison's quick thinking and ability to remain calm in a potentially life-threatening situation by putting into practice what he'd learned in school, has made myself and the whole school community at St Mary's, Osbaldeston so proud of him."