At least 10 people are reported to have been killed and more than 70 injured after a convoy, which included journalists and aid workers, was shelled by Turkish forces.
Civilians were also caught up in the attack in the northern Syria border town of Ras al-Ain today.
Five civilians and one journalist are among the dead, it is being reported. Two French reporters have also been injured.
France 2 television journalist Stéphanie Perez wrote on Twitter that she was travelling in the convoy.
She said: "Syria. We were in the convoy of Kurdish civilians targeted by Turkish forces or their allies in Ras Al Ain.
"Our team is fine but some colleagues are dead."
The Kurdish Red Crescent (KRC) added: “11 civilians, including a journalist, lost their lives and 74, including several journalists, were injured."
Observatory Director Rami Abdulrahman said the strike had hit a gathering of civilians who had come to Ras al Ain from the city of Qamishli to show support as the town is targeted by Turkish forces attacking Kurdish-led forces in northern Syria.
An official in the Syrian Democratic Forces added that a "civilian convoy" had been attacked.
Those injured have been transferred to medical facilities in Qamishli, Hassakeh, and Tal Tamir.
Hawar News Agency is reporting one of their correspondents was killed and another injured.
They wrote: "This afternoon, the convoy of civilians, which headed from Qamishlo and Tal Tamer to the city of Serekaniye, was bombed by Turkish occupation aircraft.
"As a result, our correspondent, Saad Al-Ahmad, who was accompanying the convoy, was martyred, and our correspondent, Muhammad Akinci, was injured, in addition to a number of martyrs and wounded civilians."
Meanwhile as we previously reported, Turkish troops shelled US special forces during the conflict in northern Syria, American officials say.
The incident happened near the city of Kobani on Friday night, just days after President Donald Trump said he would pull US soldiers out of the region.
The Pentagon claims Turkey was aware that US forces were in the area.
US officials are reportedly split over whether the shelling was a mistake or a deliberate attempt to pressure the Americans into leaving the war zone where Turkey is attacking the Kurds.
A senior Pentagon official told Newsweek that the US troops considered firing back in self-defence because the Turkish forces' shelling was so heavy.
The artillery shells hit several hundred metres from the American soldiers and none of the US special ops members were injured, the Pentagon said.
The American troops withdrew once the shelling had stopped.
Navy Captain Brook DeWalt, a Pentagon spokesman, said: "US troops in the vicinity of Kobani came under artillery fire from Turkish positions at approximately 9pm.
"The explosion occurred within a few hundred metres of a location outside the Security Mechanism zone and in an area known by the Turks to have US forces present."
Turkey's Defence Ministry denied that its soldiers had opened fire on US or coalition troops in Syria and said its troops were targeting Kurdish fighters who were nearby.
It said it "ceased fire upon receiving information from the US".
CNN said the US officials it spoke to are divided over whether the shelling was a deliberate attempt to force American forces to leave the area or if it was a mistake by Turkey's military.
Kobani is about 35 miles west of the main area of conflict.
A thousand Islamic State members also broke out of Kurdish prisons over the weekend, sparking fears of an uprising and increasing terror fears across Britain and the rest of Europe.
Nine hundred and fifty Islamic State family members fled Ayn Issa Camp and fighters have broken out of Navkur Prison following Turkey’s attack on the Kurdish troops.
British IS recruiter Tooba Gondal, 25, may have escaped the camp, along with her two children.
She is thought to have recruited London schoolgirl Shamima Begum.
Three other unnamed British IS women are thought to have escaped but the whereabouts of Begum is unknown.
Kurdish troops who have guarded 10,000 Islamic State members – including Brits – admitted the fighting could allow more Islamic State fighters to escape.
Scores of Turkish-backed rebels are now believed to have jihadist links to Islamic State and want to spring IS prisoners from the Kurdish jails.
A British security source told the Daily Mirror: “This is a serious reversal of fortunes for Islamic State after so much blood has been spilled defeating them over years.
“Their leaders are emboldened and this will not only spark anarchy across a briefly peaceful region but it will embolden Islamic State to start planning atrocities across Europe once more.”
We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.