SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ant Middleton has been given the boot from Channel 4 due to his “personal conduct”.
TV bosses have said they will never work with the 40-year-old again as their "views and values are not aligned".
Back in June last year, Middleton received backlash after he branded Black Lives Matter protesters “absolute scum” and it is understood there may have been further issues since then which have led Channel 4 bosses to axe him from the hit SAS series.
The show will now continue without him.
A Channel 4 spokesperson told the Mirror: “Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.”
The decision follows Middleton losing several other jobs in the last year.
He was removed from ITV's Soccer Aid in August amid fears that his involvement would offend ethnic minority players.
And in the same month he stood down from the role of Chief Cadet of the Volunteer Cadet Corps, a youth organisation affiliated to the Royal Navy, after being appointed in November 2019.
This came after Middleton tweeted on June 14 last year: “The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right. It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo.”
He was responding to a video which claimed to be of "BLM/Antifa agitator hunting lone veterans and football lads in packs".
The TV star then released an apology video less than 24 hours later and said: “I’d just like to clarify a tweet I’d put out at the weekend and deleted straight away once I’d re-read it and realised that it could cause offence.
“I put out a tweet or retweeted a video of the violence, the terror and chaos that was happening on the streets of London. ‘Within that tweet I mentioned the BLM and EDL and the word 'scum'. At no point was I calling the BLM scum and comparing the two organisations. I want to make that really, really clear. The word scum was used to describe the people in the video that were violent, that were causing terror on the streets of London and setting a bad example for our future generations.”
At the same time in June last year Channel 4 had set up a “new and clear commitment” to be an anti-racist organisation. They had said then Ant comment's “in no way represent the views of Channel 4” and insisted he had apologised after speaking to TV bosses.
In March last year Middleton faced further criticism when he refused to accept the coronavirus was a serious threat to society.
In an Instagram post, the adventurer said: “Am I still out travelling the world? Yes. Am I still shaking hands? Yes. Am I still cuddling fans at the airport? Yes. Am I washing my hands and keeping my hygiene to a high standard as always? Yes.”
He continued: “Has my life changed? No. Am I going to let some disease, Covid-19, dictate my life? Absolutely not. Get out there, don’t change, F*** Covid-19!”
Middleton had learned of Channel 4's decision to drop him on Monday.
Two SAS series which have already been filmed with Middleton, one with civilians and one with celebrities, will air later this year, but planned future series being made in the coming months for 2022 will not.
Most recently Middleton was seen on screen in January with actor Rebel Wilson where they went out to the Mexican dessert to camp and talk about their lives for his Straight Talking series on Sky.
Back in 2015, the Mirror told how Middleton was jailed for 14 months for assaulting a male and female police officer after a nightclub bust-up in his home town of Chelmsford, Essex.
Whilst Middleton has been dropped the show will continue to be made and it is understood that other regular instructors including Jason 'Foxy' Fox and Mark 'Billy' Billingham will continue on the show and are not affected.
In May 2013, he was found guilty of unlawfully wounding PC Christopher Brooksbank and also for common assault on PC Katherine Alison.
Last night despite losing his big TV deal, Middleton was staying upbeat. After learning of being dropped he posted a photo on twitter looking into the distance and said: “First day of a brand new month! Head into it with a mission and plan on how you're going to be the best version of yourself. Keep a positive mindset above all.”
Middleton became a TV star after leaving the Special Boat Service in 2012 after serving 14 years in the Armed Forces, which included stints in the Paras, Royal Marines and Army.