I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! was cancelled over the weekend due to Storm Arwen and fans of the show are desperate to know when it will be back on air.

Nobody more so, however, than presenters Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly who have provided an update from Ant's cottage in Wales.

The pair explained the site was "quite badly" damaged during the storm, although Gwrych Castle itself has suffered no significant damage, and that the team are working around the clock to get the 2021 series back up and running again. However, despite this, even Ant and Dec don't know when that will be.

Read more:I'm A Celebrity's Richard Madeley details 'disturbing' health scare as he returns to GMB

But while they're off air the duo have been putting their spare time to good use, enjoying Welsh winter walks and surviving on takeaways and crisps.

Speaking to their 4.4 million Instagram followers on Sunday night, Ant and Dec joked: "Hello and welcome to we're celebrities... get us in there! We are desperate to get back on the tele."

"I've got an update," Dec then added. "The site was quite badly damaged during the storm and they are in there working around the clock to try and get it back up and running, and back up to speed, so we can get back on air as quickly as humanly possible but we don't know when that's going to be just yet."

Ant and Dec issue I'm a Celeb update as they enjoy winter walks and takeaways

"Fingers crossed," Ant said before sharing what the pair had been up to with their time off.

He explained: "Little update from us we went on the coldest walk in the world today, didn't we?"

"It was very cold," he continued before sharing a picture of the pair on the seafront in coats and woolly hats.

Ant added: "And last night our Saturday night takeaway was very nice, it was a triumph, and tonight dinner is around Dec's."

"Sorry?" a confused Dec replied before adding the only thing he had available was crisps.

"Crisps it is!" Ant announced laughing before confirming they'd share more information when they have it.

It comes after ITV released a statement on Sunday night explaining they were not in a position to say when the show will return.

A spokesperson for ITV said: "This is an on-going live situation and we're taking each day as it comes and working round the clock.

"Our priority is safely getting the whole site back up and running which means the show is back on air in the quickest time possible.

"We're currently not in a position to confirm when we'll be back on air but we'll absolutely keep you posted when we get more updates." You can read more on this here.

To get the latest showbiz news from WalesOnline sent straight to your inbox sign up for our What's On newsletter here .