DR CONGO are reportedly keen to convince Aaron Wan-Bissaka to switch from England and play international football for them.
Meanwhile tributes are still pouring in for Nobby Stiles after the Red Devils legend passed away aged 78.
Follow ALL of the latest United transfer gossip and news below...
RIDE THE WAVE
The Premier League will not be halted despite a second national lockdown being enforced by the government.
Boris Johnson has briefed the nation this evening where he announced blanket measures for the country, coming into force from November 5.
Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Oliver Dowden announced on his Twitter feed that elite sport WOULD be allowed to continue during the shutdown.
That means the Premier League and EFL will carry on as normal.
But for fans of non-professional sport, it's bad news with games at grassroots level OFF during the shutdown.
The game shut down for three months when the initial lockdown period began in March.
Extensive testing across the sport and social distancing measures, including the use of temporary dressing rooms to keep teams apart, have generally proved successful in preventing a large-scale outbreak.
Over 1,500 Premier League players and staff members were tested between October 12 and 18, with eight positive results returned.
Man Utd legend Ryan Giggs believes the Red Devils will find it tough to break down Arsenal on Sunday.
Speaking to the Webby and O’Neill YouTube channel, he said: “It will be difficult because Arsenal have turned a corner under Mikel Arteta and look strong and look solid.
“So it will be difficult, but we’re in good form. Looking at the last couple of performances and results, we’ve been on fire.
“We’ve been scoring lots of goals and great goals too. That’s good for the players coming in. We look full of energy.
“Against Spurs [when Manchester United lost 6-1], we looked like we lacked fitness. But since that international break, we’ve come back firing and looked fit and strong.”
Sergio Romero has been offered an escape route from out of his Man United hell.
The 33-year-old goalkeeper has been left out of United's Premier League and Champions League squads despite being denied a move away from the club on transfer deadline day.
Romero's first club Racing Club de Avellaneda in his native Argentina have offered him a homecoming deal provided he agrees to a pay cut from his United contract.
Romero saw a move to Inter Miami fall through last week before the end of the MLS transfer window.
PHIL YER BOOTS
Phil Jones could be poised for a return to the Manchester United team despite not playing since January.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appeared to open the door to his potential return as he praised his efforts to get fit.
He said: “Phil has been injured and he's had an operation and he's working really hard to be back. He'll hopefully get fit during December.”
Jones, 28, has made just two Premier League appearances since last season.
He was left out of United's Premier and Champions League squads, which Solskjaer insisted was down to his injuries.
He added: “That was a natural thing, when you're injured you can't really be in the squad, can you? He's working really diligently and he'll be coming back soon.”
MARC HIM OUT
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been told to leave red-hot Marcus Rashford on the bench against Arsenal – by Gunners favourite Paul Merson.
Rashford hit a stunning hat-trick against RB Leipzig in the Champions League in midweek but Merse reckons the Manchester United chief needs to wrap his star man in cotton wool.
He told the Daily Star: “When he starts, he doesn’t really score bundles of goals and often finds it difficult.
“But he came on this week against Leipzig and scored a hat-trick in 16 minutes! If you look at when he scores his goals this season, they tell you a story.
“He scored as a sub against Luton in the 88th minute in the EFL Cup. He scored in the second half against Brighton. He scored in the last minute against Newcastle.
“He scored with three minutes to go against Paris St-Germain and all his goals against Leipzig were at the end of the game. His goals are coming against tired defenders. Maybe United should experiment with that.
“Arsenal is going to be a tight game. If it’s 0-0 after 60 minutes and Rashford comes on just when defenders are getting tired, he could have a field day.
“Don’t get me wrong. Marcus Rashford is too good to spend his whole career as a super sub. He’s an England international.
Arsenal new boy Thomas Partey is confident the Gunners have enough to topple rivals Manchester United this weekend.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Red Devils are unbeaten in their last four but Ghanaian midfielder Partey reckons his side can reverse the form book.
The 27-year-old told Arsenal's website: “Manchester United are a great team with great players and important players.
“If we do our work well, if we go in and fight for points, if we put a lot of pressure on them, we’ll be able to win.”
NO TRAIN, NO GAIN
UNITED EYE AJAX YOUNGSTER
Man United will face competition from Juventus and Barcelona in the race to sign Ajax youngster Ryan Gravenberch, according to The Mirror.
Gravenberch, 18, played against Liverpool in the Champions League last week and his style has been compared to that of United midfielder Paul Pogba.
The Dutch midfielder is even reported to have signed with Pogba's agent Mino Raiola.
Gravenberch signed a new three-year deal with Ajax in June and the Dutch giants will be reluctant to see another talented youngster depart.
UNITED-ARSENAL RIVALRY NOT WHAT IT WAS
Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn believes the Gunners' rivalry with Man United has lost its edge ahead of tomorrow's Premier League match between the two sides.
Winterburn told FreeSuperTips: “Manchester United and Arsenal has lost its cutting edge as the game is not as physical as it once was, and both teams are no longer feared in the Premier League like they were when I was playing.
“When I was coming through, Manchester United were the team that everyone in the Premier League was desperate to beat.
“At Arsenal, you always felt that if you beat Manchester United in the league, then you would finish ahead of them and have a great chance of winning the title.
“They are still two huge clubs, but they’re not teams that are fighting for the title and have both fallen down the pecking order when it comes to signing the best players.
“Arsenal were always going head-to-head with Manchester United for league titles, and that is where the intensity stemmed from and where they have both fell off in recent years, the game has lost its edge.
“It must be said that the rivalry is not what it was, but it is still a huge game which the players should be able to motivate themselves for.”
Manchester United target Jadon Sancho wished Marcus Rashford a happy 23rd birthday on Instagram today.
A tweet sharing the image posted by the Borussia Dortmund winger led journalist Fredrik A. Filtvedt to respond: “Both of them really believed they were going to play together this season…”
Manchester United will offer Hakan Calhanoglu nearly double the wages he would earn at AC Milan.
The 26-year-old, whose contract in Milan expires at the end of the season, has already rejected a £54k-a-week wage packet from the Rossoneri.
United are ready to almost double that amount and offer the Turkey international £100k-a-week to ward off interest from Juventus.
BILD journalist Christian Falk has stated Calhanoglu has so far rejected advances from the Old Lady amidst talks with United.
UNITED PIPPED BY CITY
Manchester United have lost out to rivals Manchester City in the race to sign Partizan Belgrade wonderkid Filip Stevanovic.
The 18-year-old's £7million transfer will be completed in January, as confirmed by Partizan's Twitter account on Saturday.
The statement said: “FC Partizan is pleased to announce the transfer of Filip Stevanović to Man City in the winter transfer window of 2021.
“The transfer of Filip Stevanović to one of the largest European clubs is a significant confirmation of the good and hard work of all club structures.”
Stevanovic is expected to spend the second half of the 2020-21 season on loan at Partizan or another European club.
UNITED TO MISS OUT ON DEMBELE?
Manchester United target Ousmane Dembele could be on his way to Juventus.
The Serie A champions are in discussion with Barcelona over another swap deal following the Arthur-Miralem Panic trade in the summer.
It is expected Dembele and Federico Bernardeschi would be involved this time around.
Dembele, 23, was on the verge of a loan move to United before the end of the transfer window but that deal fell through at the last minute.
VAN DE BEEK REGRET?
Jamie Redknapp believes United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may be regretting the signing of Donny van de Beek – as he could've spent the £40million on another target.
Redknapp told Sky Sports' Pitch to Post podcast: “He is a talent, we’ve seen that when he’s played for Ajax and Holland.
“But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sees him day in, day out. If a player is good enough, he plays.
“Solskjaer obviously doesn’t think he’s right for the team yet. Perhaps he isn’t fit enough or isn’t showing enough in training.
“But the problem is, where do you play him? It’s a very difficult one for Solskjaer and he probably would rather have not had him, if he’s totally honest, and would rather have that £40m on another centre-back and bolster the area where they definitely do have problems.”
DON HIS WAY
Manchester United star Donny van de Beek has looked ahead to Sunday's match against Arsenal.
He told the club's official website: “Players always want to play games. Training is also nice, but the games… this is why you’re playing football.
“I think a lot of games [means] we can improve always and I am sure that we will win more if we stay in the focus.
“Arsenal have showed that they have really good players, and I mean we need to be focused. We won [on Wednesday] and everybody’s happy and it’s good for the confidence and everything, but now we must go on to that game.
“A lot of big games are coming up now. A lot of games. We need to stay in the focus and then I’m sure that we make more nice wins.”
TRIBUTES TO STILES
Man United fans have been paying to tribute to the late Nobby Stiles by leaving flowers at his mural.
The England World Cup winner passed away this week aged 78 after a long battle with illness.
BUNDESLIGA TRIPLE SWOOP
Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer already knows his next three Man United signings, according to reports.
According to The Athletic, United will return for Jadon Sancho next summer as well as his Borussia Dortmund teammate Erling Haaland, who they missed out on in January.
The Times, meanwhile, claims United maintain an interest in RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano, despite the Frenchman being on the other end of a 5-0 thrashing in the Champions League this week.
Benfica defender Jan Vertonghen believes his former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino could be targeting a return to the Premier League.
Vertonghen told CBS Soccer's Que golazo podcast: “I can imagine he's impatient.
“I think managing in the Premier League is probably the best thing he can do.
“He will always want to coach a big team I guess, so you have to look at the biggest teams in the league and there are only two or three you can really look at I think at this point.
“I won't name them out of respect for the other managers, but I think that's what he's looking at as well and he wants that big team to confirm him what he's been doing with Tottenham and what he did very well.”
UNITED TEAM NEWS
Alex Telles will miss Man United's clash with Arsenal tomorrow, having tested positive for coronavirus.
Ahead of his 100th match in charge of the club, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: “Alex won't be ready, no, so apart from that I would think everyone else at the moment looks like they could be involved.”
Eric Bailly and Jesse Lingard are still sidelined and are not expected back until after the November international break.
Anthony Martial is suspended for his final game of a three-match ban and will also miss out.
AC Milan are interested in signing Man United loanee Diogo Dalot permanently.
The Portuguese full-back only joined the Serie A outfit earlier this month but he has impressed in his two starts in the Europa League.
The 21-year-old scored and assisted from left-back on Thursday as AC Milan beat Sparta Prague 3-0.
There is no purchase option included in Dalot's loan deal but La Gazzetta dello Sport claims United could be prepared to cash in on the Portugal under-21 international for the right price.
SCHOLES BACKS UPAMECANO CHASE
Paul Scholes has backed Man United's pursuit of RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano.
Scholes told BT Sport: “This is the type of defender I think United need, he’s very different to Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.
“He absolutely loves one-vs-ones, he loves getting down that channel because he knows he’s gonna beat them.
“It’s very much the same as what Rio used to do, what Jaap Stam used to do.
“It frees the rest of the team to worry about attacking play, because you know you’ve got a centre-half who is going to defend and he’ll do it all day.”
Despite praise from Scholes, the £50million-rated French international did not have his best game on Wednesday as Leipzig were thrashed 5-0 at Old Trafford.
Man United are in talks to sign AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu on a free transfer next year.
The 26-year-old's contract at the San Siro expires next summer and the free-kick specialist will be free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with another club from January.
According to Bild, there has been contact with Calhanoglu's agents since the summer and
the he has reportedly rejected an offer from Juventus due to United's interest.
The Turkey international has scored 27 goals in 137 appearances since joining Milan in 2017.
Man Utd take on Arsenal tomorrow in a HUGE Premier League clash….but who makes SunSport's combined XI?
MORNING, RED DEVILS
Manchester United legend, 1966 England World Cup winner and 1968 European Cup winner Nobby Stiles has passed away peacefully aged 78, after a long illness.
Red Devils royalty such as David Beckham and Gary Neville paid tribute to the former star.
Gary Lineker said he was 'saddened' to hear the news but joked Stiles 'had a heart that was even bigger than the gap in his teeth.'
Sir Geoff Hurst said: “Hugely sad to hear Nobby has passed away. We were playing together way back for the U17s, U23s, and of course, for England, in fact, it was my first cap when Nobby scored, I think he was wearing No. 9! Great character, and the heart and soul of the team, he will be sorely missed.”
Stiles was so influential to Alf Ramsey’s team that he reportedly threatened to resign on his behalf after a poor showing against French playmaker Jacques Simon in the group stage.
Stiles recalled: “Alf told them he’d resign if he couldn’t pick who he wanted. He was prepared to resign in the middle of a World Cup over me. I never found that out till he’d died, Alf. What a man.”
Elsewhere, Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been targeted for an international call-up by the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The right-back represented England Under-21s but has Congolese heritage and played for their Under-20s in 2015.
And Mason Greenwood’s England exile is set to continue despite a potential recall for his Icelandic partner in crime Phil Foden, according to The Mirror.
England boss Gareth Southgate is reportedly set to recall Phil Foden to the Three Lions squad – but Manchester United's Mason Greenwood may have to wait longer for a call-up.
The pair were sent home after their Icelandic hotel shame in September.
The Mirror claims Foden is highly likely to slot back in after impressing for City.
But Greenwood is not likely to return at the same time.