This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

4 Terror Attacks in 48 Hours Hit Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa


Khyber Pakhtunkhwa experienced its fourth terrorist strike in the past 48 hours on Thursday when authorities thwarted yet another militant assault on a checkpoint in the provincial capital of Peshawar, Pakistan.

In the most recent incident late at night, police officers fought back as the militants sought to attack the Riaz Shaheed Police Post in Peshawar’s Sarband district, sending eight terrorists fleeing for their lives.

According to Superintendent Police (SP) Cantt Waqas Rafiq, on Thursday night, as darkness fell, armed men attempted to approach the Sarband police checkpoint, Dawn reported.

However, their plan was thwarted by the prompt response of the vigilant officers.

The most recent attack occurred shortly after suicide bombers killed four police officers and injured 10 others when they attacked a compound in Bara Bazar, Khyber District, and detonated their bombs.

Police reportedly stopped two suicide attackers at the police station near the Bara bazaar and the entrance to the tehsil headquarters complex, according to police authorities.

Before the Bara ambush, the KP police were subjected to another attack in which two officers lost their lives, and two more were injured due to gunfire in the Regi near Peshawar.

At the entry gate near Regi Model Town Police Station, unidentified armed men reportedly opened fire on the police, which killed two police officers.

Last night, according to Police officers, a group of six to seven militants attempted to reach the checkpost.

Recently, the militants, including Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and BLA, have intensified their attack, targeting police officers in the country.

The first half of the current year saw a steady and worrying rise in terror and suicide attacks, according to a report published earlier this month by the think tank Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies, which claimed the lives of 389 individuals nationwide.